NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
EMPOWERED YOUTH (EY) AND BARKING AND DAGENHAM COLLEGE (BDC) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO POSTPONE OR TERMINATE THE COMPETITION AND THE PRIZE, OR ANY ASPECT THEREOF, FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER PRIOR TO THE DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER. IN SUCH EVENT, THE ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS AND EXPECTATIONS WHICH IT MAY HAVE AGAINST E.Y, B.D.C AND THEIR SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT WILL NOT HAVE ANY RECOURSE OR CLAIM AGAINST THE COMPETITION ORGANISERS.
E.Y AND B.D.C TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY AN ENTRANT WHICH MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE PARTICIPATION BY THE ENTRANT IN THE COMPETITION.
WARRANTY, PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
THE ENTRANT WARRANTS THAT THE INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY IT IS CORRECT AND THAT IT HAS NOT INFRINGED ON THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY REGARDING THE CONTENT SUBMITTED BY IT TO E.Y AND B.D.C IN RELATION TO THE COMPETITION.
THE ENTRANT FURTHERMORE UNDERTAKES THAT THE CONTENT, IDEAS OR PROPOSALS SUBMITTED BY IT UNDER AN ENTRY (“BUSINESS IDEA”) IS ORIGINAL AND DOES NOT COMPRISE AN EXISTING IDEA OR SOLUTION WHICH IS IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN OR WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN IMPLEMENTED IN THE INDUSTRY TO WHICH THE COMPETITION RELATES. THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IDEAS WHICH ARE NOT ORIGINAL WITHIN THE MEANING DESCRIBED IN THIS CLAUSE, OR WHICH HAVE BEEN INDEPENDENTLY DEVELOPED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WITHOUT REFERENCE TO THE IDEA(S) SUBMITTED BY THE ENTRANT, MAY BE USED FREELY AND INDEPENDENTLY WITHOUT FURTHER REFERENCE TO THE ENTRANT, AND THE ENTRANT SHALL NOT HAVE ANY RECOURSE AGAINST E.Y, B.D.C OR ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS IN THIS REGARD.
THE ENTRANT GRANTS E.Y AND B.D.C AN IRREVOCABLE, PERPETUAL AND ROYALTY FREE LICENCE TO USE THE VIDEO FOOTAGE INCLUDING FOR PURPOSES OF THE COMPETITION.
E.Y AND B.D.C MAY USE AND WHERE REQUIRED RETAIN THE PERSONAL INFORMATION OF THE ENTRANT AND/OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES FOR PURPOSES OF THE COMPETITION, LEGAL AND REGULATORY PURPOSES, STATISTICAL AND GENERAL INFORMATION PURPOSES INCLUDING FOR PURPOSES OF SENDING AN ENTRANT INFORMATION REGARDING FUTURE PITCHING COMPETITIONS AND INITIATIVES.
T & C’s:
- The Intellectual Property should belong to the entrant and / or his or her company and they should be able to supply proof of ownership on request.
- This competition officially opens in May 2021
- Only entries received online using the online submission form will be accepted.
- E.Y and B.D.C reserve the right, by its sole discretion, not to accept entries or to disqualify entries at any stage should it transpire that such entries have been made by illegitimate, suspicious, and/or unqualified participants.
- Winners will be chosen by an appointed judging panel. The judging panel’s decision is final.
- Where applicable: E.Y and B.D.C’s Pitching Competition is a non-confidential competition and the full responsibility lies with entrants themselves to protect their concepts through any means. Your concepts will be viewed in public and by many different audiences in order for you to make connections. It is therefore important to be compelling about what you do and how you will be sustainable without divulging your know-how in terms of recipes, formulas, code, knowledge or other means.
- By entering the competition, you give E.Y and B.D.C permission to use images, footage and other visuals collected during the pitch on social media, websites and any other platform relevant to E.Y and B.D.C.
- Finalists are responsible for their own traveling and accommodation cost when attending the live event.
- For any competition inquiries, please email us at email@example.com
- All participants will be informed of the outcome of the results after the judging process has been completed after the closing date. E.Y and / or B.D.C will not be covering transportation and accommodation costs for students pitching.
- Failure to agree to these terms will result in the Entrant being disqualified in which event, E.Y and B.D.C may select an alternative winner from those Entrants selected as finalists.
- Prizes shall be non-transferable and shall not be eligible for exchange or be redeemable for cash or any other alternative.